Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Around the House - Basement

I've got another room to show you today!  Or a little sneak peek at it anyway.  Our family room, or den as some people call it, is downstairs in the basement.  It's our space where the outdoors meets antique :)  My husband is a huge hunter & has his trophy buck mounted & we have it hanging up in our family room.  So, I needed to find a way to incorporate the decor with it.  I'll show you more of that in a future post - stay tuned!

In the meantime, here is a little DIY project I did!
I just love this saying!  And, love how it ties in with some of the decor in the room :D

I did not make the words, but I did make a mistake when putting the decal on the wall!  I thought that I had gotten everything all straight, but when I peeled off the backing, "faith" was crooked :(  I tried making the rest of it a little bit crooked then as well, but it didn't turn out as I had thought.  So, in an attempt to hide the crookedness, I made the "flowers" to put around it!  The few people I've mentioned it to have not noticed it's crookedness, so maybe I'm just being too picky?  Or, they're just being nice :)

Love how the pops of red & other colors come through in this one!

These flowers were made with newspaper!

Isn't this cross awesome?!

Thank you, Erin!
My cousin made it for us - a Christmas gift as we are her son's Godparents!  I had some other crosses at home & ended up hanging them all up on the wall around the old photo, again incorporating the old feel.  Plus, the crosses hold deep meaning to us & I want people to feel Christ's love when they are in our home!  So, the gift was perfect & provided inspiration for this wall! 
My husband remembers this picture being hung up in his grandma's (or great grandma's) home!  I love that it was given to him & that we're able to have it hanging in our home!  You may remember seeing it in a previous post, where I was asking for your opinions on where it should go!  I found a great home for it though :)


Linking to the following:
Adorned From Above 
Someday Crafts
Savvy Southern Style
The Charm Of Home
Coastal Charm
Elizabeth & Co
Lil' Luna
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Sew Much Ado
My Girlish Whims
Not Done Growing 
Not Just A Housewife

First Home Love Life
The Taylor House
The Shabby Creek Cottage
House of Hepworths
52 Mantels
Lamberts Lately

Craft-O-Maniac
Keeping It Simple
Making the World Cuter
The Dedicated House
C.R.A.F.T.
Skip To My Lou
A Blossoming Life 
TwelveOEight 
Huckleberry Love 
Sew Can Do 
Between Naps on the Porch 

VMG206 
SugarBee Crafts
Funky Polkadot Giraffe
BeBetsy



11 comments:

Holly McDonald said...

Great pics! Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

Holly at Not Done Growing

Virginia Megin Gallagher said...

Very cute! I like the flowers and I can't tell that it's crooked at all.
I'm visiting today from Lamberts Lately. I hope you get the chance to visit my blog, linkup and leave a comment, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Party
Join me Saturday at 5pm Central for DIY Showcase Link Party

Craftivity Designs said...

Love the quote, Nicole! And that painting is lovely -- so cool that it has spent generations in your husband's family :) Those are the best pieces of art.
- Lora @ Craftivity Designs

the cape on the corner said...

I love your gallery wall, especially since the items are so meaningful to you!

BeBetsy said...

Very nice - thanks for sharing.

So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

We'd love it if you would link back to BeBetsy at the bottom of your post. http://bebetsy.com

Have a great week~xo
Sharon and Denise!

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you! I'm so sorry - I must have missed linking to your party, but I took care of it! Thanks so much for letting me know & for hosting :D
Blessings,
Nicole

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thanks so much!!

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thanks so much! I linked up to your party today :D
Blessings to you,
Nicole

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thanks so much! Yes, I love that we were able to get this piece that has so much meaning behind it :D

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you Holly!! Thanks for hosting :D

Desiree Fisher said...

What is the color on the wall I really like, thanks for visiting my blog your newest follower.

Desiree @ YourCraftyFriend