Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Yellow Cubby Table Makeover

I've got another furniture makeover project to show you!

If you've been following me for a while, you may remember that my grandma passed away a little over a year ago.  Amongst some other really fun things, I was able to get some fun wooden tables from her house.  She always had one of them by her bed & my grandpa had one in his room as well.

Here is what they looked like:
I did a little sanding to the top to try to smooth it out some...
Here's a close up of the detail on the door.  Yes, they have doors, so can function as storage as well as a table!!



Notice the past tense?!  You guessed it - I re-purposed them & love how they turned out!  I had gotten some yellow spray paint a while back, not sure what I was going to do with it.  Then as I started adding more yellow into our living room, I knew these were going to go perfect!  

Here are some more pictures :D
 
I will probably add a coat or 2 of polyurathane once we finally have a sunny day, but until then we will just make sure to use coasters so as to not ruin the paint! 

I really like how they turned out!  I'm not sure if I'll put the other one in place of the other table in this picture so that they chair is balanced, or leave it on the other side of the room next to the big couch.  We will just have to see!

It feels a bit crowded here, so I will need to do some sort of rearranging... but it works for now!

Linking to the following:

C.R.A.F.T.
A Blossoming Life
Craft-O-Maniac
Skip To My Lou
Making The World Cuter

The Dedicated House 
Between Naps on the Porch
Sugar Bee Crafts
Funky Polkadot Giraffe
Cupcakes & Crenoline
Coastal Charm

VMG206

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Savvy Southern Style
Not Just A Housewife
Twirl & Take a Bow
First Home....Love Life
My Girlish Whims
DIY Dreamer 
Lil' Luna 
Southern Lovely
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Someday Crafts

Lamberts Lately
36th Avenue
Somewhat Simple
House of Hepworths 
52 Mantels 
The Girl Creative

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Common Ground
30 Handmade Days
Redoux
Rooted In Thyme
The Shabby Nest 

The Taylor House

21 comments:

Christine @ First Home...Love Life said...

Oh I love these! The details on the door really pop now. Great job :)

Carrie said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my chalk paint. Chalk paint is nice but these yellow tables...adorable...just the way they are!

Coley's DIY Crafting Corner said...

Thank you, Christine! I do love how they turned out as well :) I've got a little bit of a yellow addiction going on right now :D
Blessings to you!

Coley's DIY Crafting Corner said...

Why thank you!! :D

Virginia Megin Gallagher said...

I am loving that little table! What a fun pop of color for your room.
I'm visiting you today from Lil Luna. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesday (open thru Sat) and I'd love for you to link up! I hope you get a chance to stop by, link up and leave a comment, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thanks, Megin! I'm a bit late in getting to the party, but I did - thanks for letting me know about it :D I'm your newest follower!
Blessings,
Nicole

Simply Me said...

I am always so afraid to use such a bright color like yellow......but you have made these work perfectly!! I love it! Now following from Create it Thursday blog hop! You can find me at http://unravelingends.blogspot.com/

BeBetsy said...

WOW! What a difference paint makes-incredibly cute and we love the yellow-makes us smile!

Thank you so much for linking up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop. Great way to show-off your talent.

Hope to see you next week.
BeBetsy Link and Hop

Our best,
Sharon and Denise

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you so much! It was a risk, but one that was well worth it :)
Blessings to you,
Nicole

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Well thank you! I do love how they turned out :D Thanks so much for hosting the Link Party too - you're great! Blessings to you!

Kirsten @ Made For A King said...

This looks SO great with the colors in your living room. Love the yellow. Great makeover!

The Tablescaper said...

I host a weekly link party called "Seasonal Sundays". This week, in honor of my fourth blog-a-versary, I'm having a giveaway of a $100.00 gift certificate to HomeGoods/TJ Maxx. I'd love to have you join the fun!

- The Tablescaper

Carrie from Carrie This Home said...

I love how the tables turned out! I also love the blue wall--what paint and color is that? And what color did you use for the tables I'd love to know! I'm thinking about painting part of our master bedroom blue and I really like that tone! Thanks for linking up to Frugal Crafty Home!

Abby Lawson said...

Very cute! The yellow really pops in your room! I popped over from Project Inspired--thanks for sharing!

~Abby =)

Jodi Blackmon said...

That's really cute! I have one and a matching table almost exactly like it. I love how yours turned out! Visiting from project inspired linky party!
Cheers

Navy Wifey Peters said...

Pretty! Nice color!

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you, Kirsten!

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you, Carrie! I'm not sure what it is - I'll have to search for the paint as it was already that color when I moved in :) The tables I believe were Krylon paint from Lowe's, but I also can't remember the name of it :( Sorry I'm not much help! :)

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thanks, Abby!

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you Jodi! Glad you stopped by :D

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you!