Monday, May 13, 2013

Painting more flowers!

I love how my flower canvas collage in my bathroom turned out, so I thought I'd take a shot at making some more of them!  I've got one more done so far, with one other started.  I took 4 blank canvases, laid 2 horizontal & 2 vertical & then put my pattern down on it.  Then I traced around the pattern.  I chose a fun minty green paint (Martha Stewart) for the flower. 

Then I had picked out a fun brown color that I decided to use as the accent color.  Both took a couple coats of paint, but I like how they turned out!  If I had those colors in my house, I'd want to keep them :)


I wasn't sure what to do with the middle, but I decided to use a black fabric paint marker & traced along the inside of the green.  I liked how it made it pop, so ended up going around the entire flower! 


Nope, it's not going on this pink wall!  :D  Just wanted to give an example of how I'd hang it up :D

If you would like me to make one for you with the colors of your choice, let me know!!

Linking to the following:
Cozy Little House
Coastal Charm
Sugar Bee Crafts 
Time To Shine
Sweet Little Gals
Funky Polka Dot
BeBetsy
Not Just a Housewife 
The Dedicated House
The DIY Dreamer  
Hickory Trail

Family Home & Life
Someday Crafts
Savvy Southern Style
Not Done Growing
Trendy TreeHouse 
The Life of Jennifer Dawn
Lil Luna

A Glimpse Inside  
Imparting Grace 

4 comments:

Emily said...

I like the way the art looks on the wall. It turned out great. Where are you going to hang it up?

Colejo32 said...

Thank you, Emily! I have one similar to it hanging up in my bathroom - there should be a link to see the black & white one :)
I'm not sure what I will do yet with the green & brown - maybe I'll find someone who needs one in their home!

Nicole@nicole-southerncharm.com/ said...

Very pretty! So creative! I a new follower from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Nicole

Colejo32 said...

Thank you, Nicole! I will check it out :D Blessings!