Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Making curtains

Hello friends!  I could really use some advice on my curtains for our living room!  I bought these awesome brown curtains last year at a garage sale (for $8!! - wahoooo!!!) and am finally getting around to hanging them up :)  Why the delay you may ask?  I'm not really sure what the answer is in all honesty.  I didn't really know where I wanted to hang them, or how I wanted to put them up.  But, after finding some fun fabric at JoAnn's to cover my pillows,


& scoring a clearanced out body pillow cover that is perfect,

I decided I need to add something more to the living room.  Don't be fooled though, I decided this a LONG time ago :)  Have I ever mentioned that I'm the queen of procrastination?  It's true.  I'll admit it.  Here's what the living room looked like without the curtains, or the new pillows:



I wanted the curtains to hang from floor to ceiling, but they're just not quite long enough.  I've heard many, many times that this helps to make your room look bigger.  Well, this has added to my undecidedness (is that even a word?!) as I wasn't sure what I wanted to do  I had some left over fabric from the pillows that I thought about using.  But I also found some.... wait for it..... cloth napkins at Target that I had thought about trying to incorporate as well.  I think the pattern is super cute & well, they match the body pillow pretty well!

Here's where I need your help!  The fabric on each side is just loosely pinned onto the curtains.  Which one do you think looks better?  The one that matches the pillows?  Or the one with the fun fabric?

Voting starts...... now  :D


You can see they don't quite hit the floor.... but adding fabric will give them the length they need!



There's the hubbs, checking on the grass seed he put down now that the snow here is FINALLY gone!  Praise Jesus!
See which one I chose here:
http://coleyscraftingcorner.blogspot.com/2013/05/curtain-reveal.html

Linking to the following:
Made in a Day Linky Party
Not Just a House Wife
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Common Ground
From My Front Porch to Yours
Living Well Spending Less
Somewhat Simple
Lamberts Lately 
Chic on a Shoestring Budget 
A Peek Into My Paradise
Thirty Hand Made Days
The Charm of Home
Create Craft Love
Nifty Thrifty Things 
C.R.A.F.T.
A Blossoming Life
Pinkapotamus
Between Naps on the Porch
Making the World Cuter
Skip To My Lou
Keeping It Simple

Coastal Charm
Cozy Little House
Sugar Bee Crafts
Time To Shine
Sweet Little Gals
Funky Polka Dot
BeBetsy
A Stroll Through Life
Huckleberry Love
Not Just a Housewife
The Dedicated House
The DIY Dreamer 
Hickory Trail

Family Home & Life
Someday Crafts
Savvy Southern Style
Not Done Growing
Trendy TreeHouse 
The Life of Jennifer Dawn
Lil Luna

A Glimpse Inside

33 comments:

Lexie said...

I would use the same fabric as the pillows and use the cloth napkins elsewhere in the room. Either for a covering the arm rests or make coasters or something with your lamps.

Jenny Koehnen said...

I vote for the yellow pattern fabric! The other is too matchy matchy. Jenny K

Colejo32 said...

Thanks for your input! I'm still torn! :D

Colejo32 said...

Thanks, Jenny for your vote! I will let you know what I decide :)

NissaZaidiDesigns said...

I would use the same fabric as the pillow! Since the pattern is really big, it's not going to be the same on both sides and on the pillow, not too matchy but matchy enough, and I would totally use the yellow fabric for more pillows :)
Nissa
Following from Made in a day!

Colejo32 said...

Thanks, Nissa for your input! I really appreciate it :) Have a blessed day!

Leslie Lambert said...

These are gorgeous! This would be perfect to link-up to my new series - "Create It Thursday." It's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-1.html

Colejo32 said...

Oh, thank you Leslie! I just linked up to your party - thanks for the invite! Love your blog! Have a blessed day :D

Linda Nortje said...

Same fabric as the pillow {the fun fabric!} :-)

Linda
With A Blast

Krista R said...

I like the yellow fabric! I think it looks better than everything matching. But either one will look great, what a difference pillows and curtains make!

Wanda said...

I am voting for the fabric that matches your new pillows. It just makes it look tied together and I think more custom. The other fabric is sweet as well. Which ever you pick will look great! Have fun and have a great weekend!

Kim Hood said...

I vote for the yellow. Matchy (not actually a word) drives me crazy! (Both would be beautiful, and the matching fabric offers symmetry. If you go with that choice, I would recommend making pillows out the yellow and downplaying the current pillows, since they will match the curtains.) Using the yellow, the pillows as they are now will shine! The curtains will hold their own, as well. Just my 2 cents worth. :-) Good luck with your decision! I look forward to the photos when you're done.
His Blessings!
Kim @ Curtain Queen

happyandharried said...

I would go with the fun print, not the one that matches the pillow. That way, you can still gather more pillow fabric with pops of yellow/orange and play around with prints and other accent colors.
- Anjana @ http://happyandharried.wordpress.com/

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Great idea to add the fabric, I like the fun print or either just a plain fabric, that way you can still play with more fabric choices in the room and change things up seasonally. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party this afternoon. www.astrollthrulife.net Hugs, Marty

Huckleberry Love said...

I'm going with the "fun fabric"... It's one of my favorites at JoAnn and I plan on using it for curtains in out home. So, I guess I'm biased! I love the pillows you made... super cute! :)

We'd love for you to share this over at Much Ado About Monday, if you get a chance. :)http://www.huckleberrylove.com/2013/05/much-ado-about-monday-no9.html

~Emily
www.huckleberrylove.com

Colejo32 said...

Thanks, Linda for your advice!

Colejo32 said...

Thanks for sharing your opinion :) I will reveal my choice soon!

Colejo32 said...

Thanks, Wanda for your advice - I will reveal my decision soon :)

Colejo32 said...

Thank you, Kim for stopping by & sharing your opinion! I have started working on them & will reveal soon!

Colejo32 said...

Thank you Anjana for stopping by & sharing your advice - I really appreciate it! I will reveal soon :)

Colejo32 said...

Well thank you, Marty! I will stop by your party - thanks for letting me know!! Blessings!

Colejo32 said...

Thanks, Emily for your vote! I will go check out your site as well - have a blessed day!

Daphne Bryson said...

Good afternoon to you, Ah, decisions, decisions. I would say choose the material the same as your cushion, but I know the trend these days is not to have things too co-ordinated.
The cushions you made are lovely, so I know whichever material you choose, it will be perfect for you.
I have enjoyed my visit and I have become a new follower. I look forward to getting to know you.
I would like to invite you to visit me at Ivy, Phyllis and Me! when you have the time, as you will be most welcome.
Best Wishes to you from England.
Daphne

Ana Sullivan from The Lost Apron said...

I like the yellow quatrefoil looking fabric. See my Pinterest board:
http://pinterest.com/thelostapron/quatrefoil/

Holly McDonald said...

I like the matching fabric better. =) Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

Holly at Not Done Growing

Angela Betlewicz said...

What a great pattern you chose! I would love for you to link up with me at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/assets-and-efforts-linky-party-2.html

Thanks,
Angela

Colejo32 said...

Thanks, Daphne! You can now go to my home page to see the big reveal!

Colejo32 said...

Thanks, Ana! Check out my home page to see which one I chose :)

Colejo32 said...

Thanks, Holly! You'll have to check out my home page to see which one I chose :)

Colejo32 said...

Thank you, Angela! I just went & linked up :)
Blessings,
Nicole

Karla Harms said...

I love both the fabrics, but I really like the yellow!
Thank you so much for sharing on Much Ado About Monday! Please come back next week for more fun!!

Karla
www.huckleberrylove.com

Angela Betlewicz said...

Thanks for linking up at Assets and Efforts on HickoryTrail

I'm also your newest follower :)
Angela

Colejo32 said...

Thanks, Karla!