Thursday, May 30, 2013

Basement Bathroom Floor Makeover

All of the home makeover projects we've been doing around the house have gone so well!  It's been a lot of hard work, but it's been so worth it.  Another project we finished this winter was the bathroom floor in the basement, just off of the family room.  I love the colors & how well it turned out!

Here is a before:
Isn't that just pretty?!

I know, it's not horrible, but definitely not our style :)



We actually started our flooring projects with this room & love how well it turned out!  Again, we used the Dura-ceramic tiles.  I think they're awesome because the tile isn't as hard (less chance of breaking things when they get dropped on it, or breaking the floor when things get dropped :D ), and the floor isn't as cold to the feet as real tile.  Being that I'm usually ALWAYS cold, this is a huge plus to me!  Thank you Ed, for being willing to cater to my needs :D

Anyway, here are the pictures!

We (well, mostly my amazing husband) laid out the tiles to make sure we had enough & cut them all. 

Close up

Adhesive is put down, then tiles go on top of that.  Then grout goes on last.

Looks awesome!
Another close up
This was the new sink we found last year on clearance at Menard's.  The hubbs & his brother installed it one weekend when I was gone!  It makes the room look sooo much nicer :)

Yes, that is a sauna & it does work!  So fun to have - especially after cross country skiing in the winter :D
This project was a lot of work!  Especially for my muscle-man husband.  He was the one that ripped out all of the old linoleum from the floor, which was not a fun task!  He also had to tweak the trim to make it work with the new floor.  This bathroom was all brown before (see the before pics) we put the new floor in, but it was going to be way too dark.  So, we also painted the back wall & the shower wall the lighter beige color, which again made an incredible difference in the room!

Yay for home improvement projects!!  :D

Linking to:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Common Ground
30 Handmade Days
Redoux 

Rooted In Thyme
The Shabby Nest  

Create Craft Love

C.R.A.F.T.
A Blossoming Life
Craft-O-Maniac
Skip To My Lou
Making The World Cuter

The Dedicated House  

Between Naps on the Porch
Sugar Bee Crafts
Funky Polkadot Giraffe
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Not Just a Housewife
Cupcakes & Crenoline
Coastal Charm 

The DIY Dreamer
Savvy Southern Style
Someday Crafts
Elizabeth & Co
Adorned From Above
Lil Luna

Not Done Growing
Lamberts Lately

House of Hepworths
The Shabby Creek Cottage
A Creative Princess
Living Well Spending Less
Reasons To Skip the Housework

BeBetsy
The Taylor House

24 comments:

Virginia Megin Gallagher said...

Beautiful! What a huge difference a new floor makes.
I'm visiting you today from Common Ground. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesday (open thru Sat) and I'd love for you to link up! I hope you get a chance to stop by, link up and leave a comment, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

Christine Graves said...

Now those tiles are much better! Definitely worth the hard work. Menards is a great store isn't it!

Suzan Sweatman said...

Beautiful job - and what a difference!!!
Love the tile you selected too :)
XOX

Jan said...

Hi, visting from The Shabby Nest. I don't believe I've heard of this product before, but it's definitely intriguing. I would like to replace the sheet vinyl in my kitchen dinette hallway but don't want to go with laminate or wood veneer. I love the look of tile but don't want the expense, the coldness and the hardness in a kitchen and dining area. I will be looking into this product further. BTW, the floor is gorgeous!

Jenna LaFevor said...

WOW! Big difference!! Looks great! Would love it if you would link this up to Give Me The Goods Monday: 1 Party, 4 Blogs! http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/06/give-me-goods-monday-link-party-11.html
Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

We updated a small bathroom with some tiles like these last year. We also had the cheap linoleum before. Love the look of your new floor. Glad you stopped by from Between Naps on the Porch and I would love to have you join my weekly party tonight.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Your floor looks great! We replaced some linoleum not too long ago and it was NOT fun to rip that stuff up. LOL! Yours looks beautiful! How cool that you have a sauna too!

Lori Whicker said...

Wow, that is BEAUTIFUL!!! Good job! I would love to have the exact same stuff in my home. You should come do my tile! haha

JoAnn @ SweetPepperRose said...

Hi! visiting thru Adorned from Above... LOVE the tile, and I've also never heard of it - where are they available? I'm looking at a similar luxury vinyl at Lowes but would love to know where to find these. But I also hate cold floors ; -/

Susan@Organized31 said...

Great job! I really like the updated look of the floor and countertop. I'd love if you'd come and share at Inspire Us Thursday http://organized31.blogspot.com/2013/06/inspire-us-thursday-link-party-2.html

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Looks totally awesome!

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you Virginia! And thanks for hosting the Blog Party :D
Blessings!

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Yes, so worth the hard work! Thank you :D

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thanks, Suzan! My husband actually was the one who picked these out - pretty impressive, huh?!

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you, Jan! Yes, I highly recommend it! My in-laws have it in their kitchen & I think it's great!

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you, Jenna! I'll stop on over :D
Blessings,
Nicole

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thanks, Kim! Thanks for hosting your party too :D

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you, Lisa! Yeah, it was a lot of work for the hubbs!! And yes, the sauna is great :D Thanks for stopping by!

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thanks so much, Lori! I highly recommend it!! We put the same color in our laundry room & then a different color in my bathroom too - check out the pics on here :D We'll come do yours too! ;)

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you, JoAnn! I'm glad you stopped by! We got our tiles at Hom Furniture, oddly enough :)

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thanks Susan! I'll stop on over!! :D

Coley's Crafting Corner said...

Thank you Sharon!! :D

Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above said...

We featured this post at this weeks party. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Blog Hop. We always love seeing everyone's posts.
Have a great week and here is this weeks party has started. Here is the link.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/06/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-blog-hop_11.html
Debi and Charly

John Condon said...

With Centennial bathroom flooring tiles, you can enhance the beauty of your bathroom. In the bathroom showroom of my friend, John has various types of antique bathroom vanities are available.