Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bike crashes

I was looking through some of my pictures on the computer, trying to find something to inspire a blog post for today when I found these beauties!



 My sweet, sweet husband gave them to me last summer, not because I did something to make me deserve them, but quite the opposite!  It was about to storm & I think I had even heard that we were maybe going to get hail, so I wanted to pull the car in the garage.  But, there was this bike in the way.  So, I tried to figure out if there was a way that I could manuever the bike out of the way, into the small open space next to all of the other stuff in the garage (it was while we were remodelling or replacing the carpet, so half of the garage was FULL of stuff!).  I had to make sure I could hold it up & move it safely.  Which I managed to do.  I got the kickstand back in place & set the bike back in it's place to rest on it.  That only lasted about 45 seconds.  The pretty, blue, shiny bike was too heavy for the way it was resting on the kickstand & just after I had moved away from it, content that I was able to move it, it came crashing down on the garage floor.  My heart dropped.

You see, it wasn't just a normal bike.  It was a motorcycle!!!!  And it was heavy.  Too heavy for me to pick up.  I felt awful.  I text my husband to let him know, scared of what he was going to say.  I was in tears.  I seriously felt terrible!  He was so gracious with me & asked if I was ok!  What?!  I may have just ruined his motorcycle & he asks if I'm ok?!  Wow!  So instead of being mad at me, he bought me these beautiful flowers!  I couldn't believe it.  He knew how terrible I felt, so wanted to make me feel better.  The "bike" did have a few scratches in it & a few parts had to be replaced, but it wasn't as bad as I was imagining.  The worst part tho - it never did hail.  I don't think I've even touched the bike since that little incident :D 


The opened up beautifully!! 



Linking to the following:

http://www.freeprettythingsforyou.com/
http://www.somewhatsimple.com/blog-link-party/
http://www.the36thavenue.com/

No comments: