Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Adventures in Canada

My husband & I are on a little road trip in Canada!  We left early yesterday morning from Minot, ND and had a good day of driving for the most part.  From Minot to Calgary, the landscape was pretty much the same.....very very large rolling fields of all kinds of different crops as well as pasture land for the cattle.  Just huge farms though.  Bigger than any I'd seen!
Well, about 10 hours into our trip, we slowly started approaching a storm that took over nearly the entire horizon.  It just got darker & darker the closer we got to it.  Turns out it was a nasty nasty hail storm that seemed to last 20 minutes!  I've never seen anything like it.  There were golf ball size hail bouncing off the road, onto Beauty (my car!), so we pulled off the road right away to wait it out.  There was no where to go, we were in the middle of a bunch of fields with protection from the insane storm.  I've never been stuck inside a car during something like this. Ni thought for sure the windshield was going to break & we'd get pelted with hail.  I definitely said a few prayers for protection!
Thank the Lord we didn't get hurt!  Beauty has quite a few bruises tho :(. We will have to get her fixed when we get home.  If I can figure out how to load pictures from this iPad I will!!
Until then, have a great day!

No comments: