Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Non Profit Help

Did you know that you can help your favorite non-profit or charity raise money for their cause?! I have chosen to support ImpactLives, Inc during my browsing of the internet! I actually had the incredible privilege of working for ImpactLives for a couple of years, coming on as their first regular paid employee! It is a wonderful organization that is focused on "Transforming communities & people through leadership identification, immersive cross cultural training & short-term humanitarian efforts". I was able to be involved in so many incredible things during my time with them, I don't even know where to begin telling you about them!

I was able to work alongside thousands of people to help send life-saving meals to people in many 3rd world countries. I believe over 7 million meals were sent out in one year alone! I also got to travel a few times down to the Dominican Republic with a team of people from Mitchell, SD and another team of students from the International School of MN. We not only distributed food to the local people, but also got to build homes for them as well. The teams that we brought down there were also learning a lot about themselves as we went through the leadership development training. I can't tell you how powerful those trips were!

If you are at all interested in helping people around you, I highly recommend you connect with ImpactLives! They will travel all over to help people out!

Here's a picture from one of my trips to the D.R. of some of the children we were able to help:


Here's some information from the Goodsearch website:
GoodSearch donates money to your favorite cause when you search the Internet, shop online or dine out at local restaurants!
Use GoodSearch.com to search the Internet and they donate a penny per search to your cause.
Use GoodShop.com when you shop online and they donate a percentage of every purchase and offer over 100,000 coupons to help you save money too!
Sign up for their GoodDining program and they'll donate a percentage of your restaurant bill when you eat at any one of thousands of participating restaurants.
It's really easy; it's free and turns simple everyday actions into a way to make the world a better place. Please sign up today to help me support ImpactLives (St. Louis Park - MN) or choose your own.
Go to www.goodsearch.com to get started.

No comments: