Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Delta to US Airways to Delta to US Air to Delta & finally home!


I had one of the most crazy days of travelling yesterday!!!! I had gone to NY to visit a friend & help her celebrate her 30th birthday, getting a new job, & getting engaged.  It was an absolute blast!  I found out on Sunday night that my 6 am Delta flight out of White Plains, NY for Monday morning was cancelled and I was re-scheduled on a US Airways flight at 6 to DC, then on to MSP via Delta.  When I checked in at the airport, they couldn't figure out my itinerary & how to handle my luggage, so I missed the 6:00 flight out.  Then I was scheduled for a 7:30 flight on Delta, flying through ATL, with one leg of the trip in first class - bonus!  As we boarded that flight, there was a crazy looking storm coming..... not a good sign.  Right after I took my Dramamine, someone came & asked me to get off the plane in exchange for a $300 voucher & a direct flight out of La Guardia to MSP, in first class.  Of course I said yes! 
Well, by time I got back to the Delta counter, they couldn't get me to La Guardia, so we were back to square one of trying to get me home.  Plus, they were holding all flights, b/c of the weather, so that tiny airport filled up quite quickly.  I finally got a ticket back with US Airways again, going through Philly, then  on to MSP, neither of which were in first class.  Of course the flight was late, because of the weather. 
Remember how I had taken the Dramamine?  Well, it was kicking my butt and I had the hardest time staying awake b/c of it & was so worried I was going to miss my flight, that I had to fight hard to stay awake.  I did finally make it to Philly, but missed my connection b/c in White Plains I only got one boarding pass & wasn’t checked in for the next flight, so they didn’t hold the plane for me.  The lady at the US Airways counter went on to inform me that the next available flight out was at 6 pm, at which point the tears began to flow uncontrollably J  So, then I made my way through the airport, to another terminal, to find the ticket counter for Delta, & see if they could fix this problem they created, lol!  Finally I got on a flight at 2:25 to MSP & my luggage somehow was there waiting for me when I got there!  What a roller coaster of a day.  I’m still exhausted & ready for a nap after re-living the day on here J  The plus side – I got 2 free meals out of the day & $400 in vouchers for my next flight!   And NY was amazing, so I’d do it all over again if I had to!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.
I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back
very soon. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great posts, have a nice weekend!
Here is my site :: itunes

Anonymous said...

I visit every day some websites and blogs to read content, however this webpage provides feature
based content.
Also visit my web site ; Western Australia

Anonymous said...

My developer is trying to convince me to move to .
net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type
on a number of websites for about a year and am worried
about switching to another platform. I have heard very good
things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import
all my wordpress posts into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Also see my website - Visual Impact Muscle Building Review

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if
you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one?
Thanks a lot!
Look into my web site :: The Tao of Badass

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I
really enjoy reading through your blog posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?
Thanks!
Feel free to surf my blog :: Motivational Speakers South Africa

Anonymous said...

After I initially left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new
comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I receive four emails with the
same comment. There has to be an easy method you are able to remove me from that service?
Many thanks!

Stop by my web blog - web design

Anonymous said...

Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.

Have a look at my page reality