Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Orchid Kiss

And the bathroom color winner is....... Orchid Kiss, which is a pink/purple/fuscia color and I am in love with it! It's not quite what I expected, but I still like it :D I love having a girly room! I'm not done decorating it yet - there will be more on the bright wall at some point - just need to find the perfect thing to go on it! So, the birds on the branch will do for now! My husband's reaction when he first saw it was priceless - there was a nervous laugh & some statement along the lines of, "wow, that's really bright"! I don't think he knew what to make of it. I do like doing things for shock value and this was definitely one of those things. Here are the pics!


  The paint color is Orchid Kiss, and is Behr paint & primer from Home Depot.
 
 
I got the pattern for these birds and the contact paper on clearance at JoAnn Fabric, & just cut out the design, hoping the black & white would go with the bathroom. The birds may not stay in this spot, but it works for now :D



















I am enjoying the way the black turned out as well!  Originally I was going to have the fuscia on several walls, but I didn't have enough of it, so did black on all of the other one's instead and I think it works! 



 
I took leftover contact paper to cover my outlets.  They're not perfect, but they'll do!  I found the "Embrace" sign at a garage sale this weekend and got it  for super cheap - it goes great!  I love getting a good deal :D
The flowers were also on clearance at Hobby Lobby in Minot - I so wish we had them here in Minnesota!  It's fabulous! 

The vase was another bargain find at Turn Style, and again it goes perfect in this room with all of the other sparkle & glam - even the soap pump shines!  It goes so well with this perfect shower curtain......
So, what do you think?!



I'm linking to:

1 comment:

bethfogarty said...

I Like it!! It looks like you, can't wait to see it in person!